VP SP Risk and Relationship Management
Vice President of Strategic Partner Risk and Relationship Management ("VP SP Risk Relationship Management)
WebBank (the "Bank) is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, and is an FDIC-insured, state-chartered industrial bank that provides customized consumer and commercial financing solutions on a nationwide basis.
Strategic Partnership Group
The Bank, under the management of the Banks Strategic Partnership Group ("SP Group)is a leading provider of closed-end and revolving private-label and bank card financing programs.
Operating in cooperation with third-party vendor relationships ("Strategic Partners), the Bank originates and funds a variety of consumer and commercial (small to
medium-size business) private-label (closed-loop network) or bank card (i.e. MasterCard) programs ("Strategic Partner Programs).
The VP of SP Risk and Relationship Management reports directly to the SVP Group Director and is responsible for the day-to-day management, supervision, and oversight of assigned existing Strategic Partners and Strategic Partner Programs, including managing every aspect of the SP Management System as it relates to existing Strategic Partners
and Strategic Partner Programs. Designated SP Group employees involved in the ongoing oversight and supervision of Strategic Partners and Strategic Partner Programs report directly to the VP of
SP Risk and Relationship Management, such as the Sr. Program Managers, Program Managers, Program Analysts, and Operations Support. The VP of SP Risk and Relationship Management is also responsible for managing the SP Groups interaction with each respective department within the Bank that supports the ongoing oversight and
supervision of Strategic Partners and Strategic Partner Programs such as the Compliance, Credit, and Finance Departments. VP of SP Risk and Relationship Management will also participate and represent the SP
Group in committees as designated by the SP Group Director, Bank President, or the Strategic Partner Executive Management Team.
- Manage to and oversee an effective SP Management System as outlined in the Strategic Partner Management Policy No.401.
- Responsible for all aspects of the
day-to-day oversight, supervision, and management of Strategic Partners and Strategic Partner Programs, which includes but is not limited to such Strategic Partner Program areas as sales/marketing, credit, operations, compliance, finance/settlement, policies and procedures, account management, vendor management, and technology.
- Responsible for the overall risk management of Strategic Partner Programs while also maintaining a balanced approach to client relationship and retention management.
- Proactive, leadership position within the Bank that represents the SP Group both internally at the Bank and externally with Strategic Partner executives.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards and policies by each Strategic Partner to optimize the relationship while mitigating reputational and operational risks.
- Manage SP Group personnel that support the ongoing oversight, management and supervision of Strategic Partners and Strategic Partner Programs.
- Oversee the hiring of SP Group personnel related to oversight and supervision.
- Train, mentor and develop SP Group personnel in all facets of oversight and program management.
- Direct activities
and distribution of workload for each assigned SP Group employee.
- Ensure that the
Banks Annual Employee Performance Review Process is discussed and completed
with each assigned SP Group employee.
- On an ongoing basis, lead the SP Group in the development of Site Visit
Reports and in the support of Annual Risk Assessments and Third-Party Audits as
it relates to Strategic Partner Programs. VP of Risk and Relationship management is responsible for the presentation of such material to the Loan Committee, Audit Coordinating Committee, or Board for review (as applicable).
- As part of Annual Risk Assessments, work with the Banks Chief Compliance Officer or designee to
determine the scope and frequency of reviews that will be performed to determine the Strategic Partners level of compliance with regulatory and operational requirements.
- Manage the risk-based site visit schedule in collaboration with the Banks Chief Compliance Officer
- Manage the SP
Groups participation in Strategic Partner site visits, testing and monitoring.
- Manage the completion of Site Visit Reports and the submission to Loan Committee and the Board. Carefully review each Site Visit Report to make sure it is professionally written prior to submission to the SP Executive Management Team and Loan Committee. Present all reports to the Loan Committee or Executive Management Team as applicable.
- Work closely with the Banks Chief Compliance Officer or designee to manage the completion of
Annual Risk Assessments and the submission to Loan Committee and the Board. Carefully review each Risk Assessment to make sure it is professionally written prior to submission to the SP Executive Management Team and Loan Committee. Present all reports to the Loan Committee or Executive Management Team as
- In collaboration with the Banks Chief Compliance Officer or designee, manage the completion of
any Third-Party Compliance Audits or Reviews of Strategic Partner Programs and the submission of such Audits or Reviews to the Audit Coordinating Committee.
- Schedule and coordinate all forms of Third-Party Audits required by the Bank related to
Strategic Partner Programs and keep the Audit Coordinating Committee abreast of all activities in this area. Carefully review each Third-Party Audit Report and make sure all management responses are professionally written prior to submission to the SP Executive Management Team and Audit Coordinating Committee.
- Identify potential areas of operational vulnerability and risk; direct assigned SP Group activities to ensure the development and implementation of corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future. Elevate all high risk areas to the SP Group Director and the SP Executive Management Team when applicable.
- Ensure that lessons learned from test findings, audits and/or investigations are shared and incorporated into existing policies, processes, and procedures across all Strategic Partner Programs as applicable.
- Stay abreast of regulatory and best practice changes within the industry and the SP Group and make recommendations regarding
the efficacy of processes and operations across all Strategic Partner Programs.
- Analyze operational and financial data to identify and evaluate areas of existing and emerging risk. Proactively manage to the results of any
- Responsible for managing the Strategic Partner Issue Log and for overseeing the ongoing updates to the Issue list. Oversees all assigned Strategic Partner Program tracking and resolution of issues, opportunities for improvement, and best practice enhancements. Also responsible for the Indicators Log will include Key Performance Indicators ("KPIs) as derived from the Strategic Partner Program Agreements. Meet regularly with each assigned Program Manager to review outstanding issues for each of their respective Strategic Partner Programs.
- Interact via teleconference on a regular basis with each Strategic Partner to review progress related to any managed issues, opportunities, and KPIs. The timing of such calls will be determined by the level of risk associated with the Strategic Partner Program.
- Evaluate and coordinate product-level performance and tracking reports for each Strategic Partner Program no less
often than monthly.
- Attend Loan Committee and/or Audit Coordinating Committee meetings with the Program Managers to present Strategic Partner
Program credit policy reviews and change requests, Third-Party Audit and Review reports, financial dashboards, annual and targeted Site Visit Reports, and Annual Risk Assessments. This includes any amendment, extension, or renewal to an existing Strategic Partner Program Agreement.
- Interact daily with each respective department within the Bank or third-party resource, such as legal counsel,
required for ongoing oversight, program and product testing, reviews, and monitoring of Strategic Partners.
- Strong collaboration with the Compliance Department to manage the ongoing oversight of the Compliance Management System of each Strategic Partner through the assigned Program Manager and Compliance Manager, which shall include but is not limited to ongoing testing, monitoring, compliance training, and oversight and review of policies and procedures across all Strategic Partner Programs.
- Interact closely with the Finance Department on all ongoing day-to-day finance related activities within Strategic Partner Programs such as funding, settlement, monthly invoicing, collateral account, capital, and liquidity, as applicable.
- Interact closely with the Credit Department on all ongoing day-to-day credit related activities within Strategic Partner Programs such as initial and ongoing review and approval of credit policies, scorecards, account management strategies, and the overall underwriting process. Direct the SP Group in collaborating with the Credit Department in the monthly and quarterly financial review and dashboard process including the
submission to the Banks Loan Committee for review and approval.
- Collaborate with the SP Group Business Development Officer to manage the renewal, extension or amendment process with existing Strategic Partner Programs.
- Interact with SP Group Business Development Officer, Business Research Analyst and SP Group Due Diligence/Implementation Manager to support the due diligence and implementation process and document the evaluation of new Strategic Partner Programs as assigned.
- Required to review and approve all assigned New Partner/Product Approval Forms and Initial Risk Assessments.
- Required to review and approve all assigned outstanding items as outlined in the Due Diligence Checklist that require final review and approval prior to the launch of the new
Strategic Partner Program.
- Once the Bank approves the assigned Strategic Partner Program, work closely with the SP Group Due Diligence/Implementation Manager to support the Strategic Partner Program implementation plan.
- Review and approve
all assigned new Strategic Partner Program Agreements.
- Responsible for supporting the implementation and launch of all assigned new Strategic Partner Programs upon the execution of a Program Agreement.
- Oversee the Program Managers and Compliance Managers review and approval of program material and documentation such as policies, procedures, and processes. Includes all customer-facing documentation such as product and regulatory disclosures, web content, and all marketing materials for current and new product initiatives.
- Support the Banks Chief Compliance Officer or the designated staff to effectively assess each Strategic Partners
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans as well as their overall IT audit, information security, and systems maintenance programs.
- Engage third-party resources (outside legal counsel and/or regulatory consultants) that specialize in credit, finance, technology, regulatory compliance, and IT matters as needed to maintain the regulatory integrity of Strategic Partner Programs.
- Provide ongoing information to the SP
Group Director and Executive Management Team on SP Group-related activities. Such information includes
but is not limited to the day-to-day managed operational items.
- Work collaboratively with the SP Group
Director and the SP Executive Management Team and relevant staff to coordinate and manage all regulatory exam activities, internal and external audits, and support corrective action responses as they relate to any SP Group findings.
- Attend industry-related conferences and
meetings and stay involved in ongoing training and educational opportunities to ensure relevant skills are maintained.
- Represent the SP Group during periodic SP Group audits by an independent third-party at the direction of the Banks Audit Coordinating Committee.
- Perform additional duties as directed
by the SP Group Director or SP Executive Management Team.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 5-10 years of operational management experience in the consumer and/or commercial financing sector under a bank regulated environment with P&L and people management responsibility.
- Experience in closed-end and revolving consumer credit offerings required. Commercial finance experience is a plus.
- Experience dealing with regulators (FDIC, Utah Department of Financial Institutions) s highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of the current banking regulatory environment is required.
- Excellent ability to analyze complex issues and identify suitable solutions.
- Assertive Self-Starter, good judgment and the ability to make sound decisions.
- This position requires travel to client locations equivalent to 25 - 35% of time.
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments and operate in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision.
- Outstanding initiative, attention to detail, and organizational skills required.
- Excellent analytical skills to determine areas in need of improvement and the ability to find creative solutions while considering all impacted stakeholders and processes.
- Ability to recognize and focus on critical issues. Flexibility to balance and respond to competing needs within the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with a demonstrated ability to create processes and procedures and to lead a project and communicate results.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to communicate effectively across a broad base including internal customers, external customers, and executive management.
- Ability to source and manage a team that will provide ongoing operational management of key clients.
- Solid working knowledge of various computer systems, software, and changing technology.
- Ability to plan strategically and execute tenaciously.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume to: email@example.com