VP SP Risk and Relationship Management
Vice President - Strategic Partner Risk and Relationship Management ("VP-SP")
WebBank (the "Bank) is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, and is an FDIC insured, state chartered industrial bank. WebBank is a leading national provider of online consumer and small business loans made in partnership with finance companies, OEMs, retailers and financial technology companies.
The VP of SP Risk and Relationship Management ("the position") reports directly to the SVP Strategic Partner Oversight and is responsible for the day-to-day management, supervision, and oversight of assigned existing Strategic Partners ("SP"). This position is also responsible for Strategic Partner Program Management, which includes but is not limited to relationship management, ongoing marketing of product offerings, credit, operations, compliance, finance/settlement, policies and procedures, account management, vendor management and technology.
- Proactive, leadership position within the Bank that represents the SP Group both internally at the Bank and externally with Strategic Partner executives.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards and policies by each Strategic Partner to optimize the relationship while mitigating reputational and operational risks.
- Manage the risk-based site visit schedule in collaboration with the Bank's Chief Compliance Officer or designee.
- Identify potential areas of operational vulnerability and risk; direct assigned SP Group activities to ensure the development and implementation of corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Represent the SP Group during periodic SP Group audits by an independent third-party at the direction of the Banks Audit Coordinating Committee.
- Recruit, retain, develop and manage a team of Program Managers and Program Analysts.
- Be a coach and mentor to team members ensuring successful execution of programs.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 5-10 years of operational management experience in the consumer and/or commercial financing sector under a bank regulated environment with P&L and people management responsibility.
- Experience in closed-end and revolving consumer credit offerings required. Commercial finance experience is a plus.
- Experience dealing with regulators (FDIC, Utah Department of Financial Institutions) s highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of the current banking regulatory environment is required.
- Excellent ability to analyze complex issues and identify suitable solutions.
- This position requires travel to client locations equivalent to 25 - 35% of time.
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments and operate in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision.
- Outstanding initiative, attention to detail, and organizational skills required.
- Excellent analytical skills to determine areas in need of improvement and the ability to find creative solutions while considering all impacted stakeholders and processes.
- Ability to recognize and focus on critical issues. Flexibility to balance and respond to competing needs within the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with a demonstrated ability to create processes and procedures and to lead a project and communicate results.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to communicate effectively across a broad base including internal customers, external customers, and executive management.
- Ability to source and manage a team that will provide ongoing operational management of key clients.
- Solid working knowledge of various computer systems, software, and changing technology.
- Ability to plan strategically and execute tenaciously.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume to: email@example.com