VP Data Warehouse Architect
VP Data Warehouse Architect
Salt Lake City, UT
WebBank (the "Bank") is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah and is an FDIC insured, Utah state chartered bank. WebBank is a leading national provider of online consumer and small business loans made in partnership with finance companies, OEMs, retailers and financial technology companies.
The VP Data Warehouse Architect is the senior member of the Analytics team and the evolution of our Data Warehouse and infrastructure. This position will be responsible for managing and developing the Bank's analytics infrastructure. This includes data warehouse design, development, administration and maintenance and oversight, implementation and maintenance of optimal data warehouse inputs (data integration, ingestion) and outputs (business intelligence applications, reports).
The VP Data Warehouse Architect will report to the Bank's SVP of Risk, Analytics & Audit.
- Design, develop, administer and maintain the Bank's enterprise data warehouse
- Oversee, implement and maintain optimal data warehouse inputs (data integration, ingestion) and outputs (business intelligence applications, dashboards, reports)
- Develop and enhance the analytics strategy of the Bank - including the development and enhancement of business intelligence solutions that assist Bank personnel in identifying, monitoring and evaluation KRIs and KPIs
- Internal subject matter expert on developing, designing and maintaining enterprise data warehouse; can understand business/system/data challenges and translate them into solutions
- Support the data and analytics needs of the Credit Analytics group and other information consumers across the Bank
- Monitor and optimize analytics infrastructure and operations
- Participate in data strategy and road mapping exercises, making recommendations and giving guidance as appropriate
- Collaborate with the technology team to maintain and enhance analytics infrastructure and technology strategy including backup & recovery, data storage, security and governance
- Integrate disparate data sources into the enterprise data warehouse
- Provides superior internal service with an emphasis on partnership and collaboration while promoting communication and coordination at all organization levels
- Maintenance and enhancement of database dictionaries and documentation
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors or Master's degree in MIS, Analytics or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Expert experience with the Microsoft data warehousing stack
- Expert, hands-on development and management experience with financial services-related Data Warehouses on the Microsoft stack - including experience with relational and dimensional database modeling and the Kimball methodology.
- Expert, hands-on development and management experience with data visualization and dashboard development - including experience with Excel PowerPivot, DMX/MDX, SQL and Tableau.
- Outstanding initiative, attention to detail and organizational skills required.
- Experience with database administration and optimization (preferably MS and AWS)
- Other beneficial experience: Python, web services, web application development, Cognos, SAS, Box, SFTP, Salesforce, SNL, banking/financial data experience
- Self-motivated, innovative person with analytical, problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt to changes and new ideas
- Ability to demonstrate history of positive customer communication and relationship management