Have you recently received a credit report that lists WebBank, or have you recently received a letter from WebBank regarding a declined application? If so, click here for more information
Strategic Partner Group - Program Manager ("Program Manager")
Salt Lake City, UT
WebBank (the "Bank) is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, and is an FDIC-insured, state-chartered industrial bank that provides customized consumer and commercial financing solutions on a nationwide basis.
Strategic Partnership Group
The Bank, under the management of the Bank's Strategic Partnership Group ("SP Group), is a leading provider of closed-end and revolving private-label and bank card financing programs.
Operating in cooperation with third-party vendor relationships ("Strategic Partners), the Bank originates and funds a variety of consumer and commercial (small to medium-size business) private-label (closed-loop network) or bank card (i.e. MasterCard) programs ("Strategic Partner Programs).
The Program Manager reports directly to the VP of SP Management and is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day oversight, supervision, and management of a designated Strategic Partner and Strategic Partner Program, which includes but is not limited to relationship management, ongoing marketing of product offerings, credit, operations, compliance, finance/settlement, policies and procedures, account management, vendor management, and technology. The Program Manager is the primary point of contact for each Strategic Partner in order to manage the ongoing oversight and supervision of a Strategic Partner Program from a holistic perspective. The Program Manager interacts with and is supported by each respective department within the Bank and third party resources (i.e. Outside Counsel) that are required for ongoing oversight, reviews and monitoring of the Strategic Partner Programs. Each Strategic Partner Program is assigned a dedicated Compliance Manager. The Program Manager works closely with the Compliance Manager and the Compliance Department on all regulatory, compliance and risk related aspects of the respective Strategic Partner Program.
- The Program Manager is the primary point of contact for each assigned Strategic Partner in order to manage the ongoing oversight and supervision of their respective Strategic Partner Programs from a holistic perspective.
- Perform periodic risk-based targeted and annual site visits to review and audit the Strategic Partner's adherence to the Program Agreement and applicable regulations. Interact daily with the assigned Compliance Manager and each respective department within the Bank or third-party resource that is required for ongoing oversight, program and product testing, reviews, and monitoring of assigned Strategic Partners.
- Evaluate product-level performance and tracking reports supplied by the Strategic Partner on a monthly basis. Produce monthly summary reporting for each Strategic Partner and distribute to the SP Executive Management Team utilizing the Strategic Partner Operations Support function.
- Manage the review and approval of program material and documentation such as policies, procedures and processes.
- Maintain and manage to the Strategic Partner Management Log for each respective Strategic Partner to track the resolution of issues, opportunities for improvement, and best practice enhancements. The Management Log will include KPI's as derived from the Strategic Partner Program Agreements.
- Maintain the Oversight Tracking Log, which summarizes and tracks material oversight items for each respective Strategic Partner Program, on a bi-weekly basis.
- Interact with the Bank's Credit Department to manage all aspects of the Strategic Partner's credit program, including initial and ongoing review and approval of credit policies, scorecards, account management strategies, and the overall underwriting process.
- Support the Bank's Credit Department to conclude the monthly or quarterly financial review and dashboard of the Program Manager's respective Strategic Partner for submission to the Bank's Loan Committee.
- Work with Outside Counsel to review and approve all required Strategic Partner Program material.
- Support the engagement of any independent third party specialist utilized by the Bank or Strategic Partner to review or audit such areas as compliance or operations.
- Interact with the Bank's VP of Compliance and the Strategic Partner to manage the resolution and reporting of customer complaints.
- The Program Manager is responsible for scheduling the site visits, preparing the site visit agendas, managing the site visits, drafting the Site Visit Reports (in collaboration with other Bank employees who attend the site visit), reporting any management findings or recommendations, and entering such findings or recommendations on the Strategic Partner's tab of the SP Management Log.
- Site Visit Reports are to be completed and presented to the Loan Committee for review and approval within the required timeframe.
- Attend Loan Committee meetings to present credit policy reviews and change requests, third party audit and review reports, annual and targeted site visit reports, and annual risk assessments.
- Support the drafting of credit approval memorandums for any amendment, extension, or renewal to an existing Strategic Partner Program Agreement of assigned Strategic Partner Programs.
- Attend Audit Coordinating Committee to participate in third-party audit reviews of assigned Strategic Partner Programs.
- Support Bank management during regulatory exams or internal audits.
- Support the Business Development and Due Diligence/Implementation team with the on-boarding of new Strategic Partners as assigned.
- Attend industry-related conferences and meetings and stay involved in ongoing training and educational opportunities to ensure relevant skills are maintained.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years of consumer and/or commercial financing experience primarily focused on operations of consumer and commercial private-label or bank card products. Similar experience with a bank card processor is a plus.
- Good people-management and interpersonal skills including the ability to work well in a team or on an individual basis.
- Experience dealing with regulators (FDIC, Utah Department of Financial Institutions) is highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of the current banking regulatory environment is required.
- Excellent ability to analyze complex issues and identify suitable solutions.
- This position requires travel to client locations equivalent to 25 35% of time.
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments and operate in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision.
- Ability to recognize and focus on critical issues. Flexibility to balance and respond to competing needs within the organization.
- Willing to work flexible schedule.
- Willing to stay after hours to finish special projects.
- Assertive self-starter, with exceptional professional verbal/written skills, who is highly organized and able to work independently to finish assigned projects.
- Solid working knowledge of various computer systems, software and changing technology.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to plan strategically and execute tenaciously.