Salt Lake City, UT
WebBank (the "Bank") is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah and is an FDIC insured, Utah state chartered bank. WebBank is a leading national provider of online consumer and small business loans made in partnership with finance companies, OEMs, retailers and financial technology companies.
WebBank is looking for a Settlement Accountant to join the Finance Team to support the daily financial operations of the Bank which includes initiating wires/ACH as part of the daily cash settlement process, auditing Strategic Partner revenues, supporting the preparation of monthly financial reports, assisting with the preparation of audit schedules, invoicing reimbursable fees and expenses, and assisting with various special projects. The Settlement Accountant will be located in Salt Lake City, Utah and will report to the Controller.
- Daily Funding Settlement Process
- Lead the settlement team in initiating all Strategic Partner daily wires and ACH funding's, including following through to completion.
- Update all Strategic Partner tracking sheets and revenue calculations. Have a detailed understanding of the workbook to be able to update and troubleshoot when necessary.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of all aspects of each Strategic Partner contract that impacts the Bank's Accounting and Treasury functions.
- Assist in the preparation of applicable audit schedules and work closely with both internal and financial statement auditors to ensure the completion of a timely audit.
- Ensure that at least two Finance staff are fully trained to backup all Strategic Partner daily settlement activities and track regular performance of each role.
- General Ledger Reporting
- Monitor Strategic Partner Settlement-related general ledger accounts for accuracy.
- Prepare Settlement-related reports for management and the Board of Directors.
- Audit Strategic Partner revenues, including both in-office reviews and on-site visits.
- Prepare well-documented audit schedules and work papers.
- Strategic Partner Invoicing
- Ensure timely billing of all reimbursable Strategic Partner expenses and fees.
- Monitor Strategic Partner A/R files.
- Send aging schedule to Strategic Partner Oversight Department.
- Interact with Controller and CFO on daily basis and assist on special projects as assigned.
- Perform other related duties/projects as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Five years of professional accounting experience, including auditing experience
- Thorough knowledge of established accounting principles and practices
- Solid Computer skills with Microsoft Office software
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Knowledge and proficiency of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) with regards to financial reporting for a public company.
- Master's degree in Accounting
- Certification as a Public Accountant (CPA)
- Previous general ledger accounting experience
- Advanced Excel/spreadsheet skills
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume to: email@example.com