Due Diligence / Implementation Mgr
Strategic Partner Due Diligence /
Implementation Manager ("D.D./Implementation Manager")
Salt Lake City, UT
WebBank (the "Bank") is headquartered in Salt Lake City,
Utah, and is an FDIC-insured, state-chartered industrial bank that provides
customized consumer and commercial financing solutions on a nationwide basis.
Strategic Partnership Group
The Bank, under the management of the Bank's Strategic Partnership
Group ("SP Group"), is a leading provider of
closed-end and revolving private-label and bank card financing programs.
Operating in cooperation with
third-party vendor relationships ("Strategic Partners"), the Bank originates
and funds a variety of consumer and commercial (small to medium-size business)
private-label (closed-loop network) or bank card (i.e. MasterCard) programs
("Strategic Partner Programs").
Manager reports directly to the SP Group
Director and is responsible for managing the in-depth due diligence, underwriting and
implementation of Strategic Partners and Strategic Partner Programs. The D.D./Implementation
Manager interacts and is supported by each respective department within
the Bank and third-party resources (i.e. Outside Counsel, Independent
Third-Party Specialists) that are required to complete the in-depth due
diligence and approval process of prospective partners and to bring a Bank
approved Strategic Partner Program through implementation to program
launch. Once the Bank approves the
Strategic Partner Program, the D.D./Implementation
Manager is responsible to develop and execute a Strategic Partner
Program implementation plan.
- Manage an effective Strategic Partner/Strategic Partner Program Selection Process as outlined in the Strategic Partner Management Policy No. 401.
- Primary point of contact for each prospective partner during the in-depth due diligence and implementation process.
- Manage the In-Depth Due Diligence and Approval Process of prospective partners.
Conduct and lead the in-depth due diligence and evaluation of prospective partners to assess whether or not the prospective partner has sufficient liquidity and capital, financial strength, management experience, and operations to properly administer a successful Strategic Partner Program.
- Lead the SP Group and the respective Bank departments (Compliance, Credit, and Finance) in scheduling the in-depth Site Visit, Initial Risk Assessment, and Third-Party Compliance Audit.
- Professionally draft the New Partner/Product Approval Form, and coordinate the completion of the Initial Risk Assessment with the Bank's Chief Compliance Officer or designated SP Group Risk Manager and the respective Bank departments.
- Lead and coordinate completion of the Third-Party Compliance Audit as well as managing the interaction and schedule with the prospective partner.
- Support the SP Group Director in managing the submission and presentment of proposed new Strategic Partners and Strategic Partner Programs to the SP Executive Management Team, Loan Committee, and Board of Directors.
- Support material sections of the contract negotiations with prospective partners.
- Manage the review by the respective Bank departments and Outside Counsel of all required program materials, policies and procedures, and track accordingly using the Legal Tracking Log.
- Manage and track the approval of all program materials, policies and procedures of new partners proposed program.
- Manage the implementation of new Strategic Partner Programs.
- Oversee the program implementation process of new Strategic Partner Programs.
- Interact with the SP Group and the respective Bank departments related to new program implementation.
- Stay involved in ongoing training and educational opportunities to ensure relevant skills are maintained.
- Stay abreast of regulatory and best practice changes within the industry and make recommendations regarding the efficacy of processes when evaluating new Strategic Partner Programs.
- Perform additional duties as directed by the SP Group Director.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in performing due diligence, underwriting, and documentation of new business initiatives, investments or opportunities for organizations such as finance companies, banks, private equity firms, and venture capitalists. Experience in evaluating opportunities, operations and platforms in the consumer and small business lending industries is a plus.
- Good people-management and interpersonal skills including the ability to work well in a team or on an individual basis.
- Strong knowledge of the current banking regulatory environment is preferred.
- Excellent ability to analyze complex issues and identify suitable solutions.
- This position requires travel to client locations equivalent to 25% of time.
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments and operate in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision.
- Ability to recognize and focus on critical issues. Flexibility to balance and respond to competing needs within the organization.
- Willing to work flexible schedule.
- Willing to stay after hours to finish special projects.
- Assertive self-starter, with exceptional professional verbal/written skills, who is highly organized and able to work independently to finish assigned projects.
- Solid working knowledge of various computer systems, software and changing technology.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to plan strategically and execute tenaciously.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org