Deposit Operations Analyst
Deposit Operations Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT
WebBank (the "Bank") is headquarter in Salt Lake City, Utah and is an FDIC insured, Utah charter bank. WebBank is a leading national provider of online consumer and small business loans made in partnership with finance companies, OEMs, retailers and financial technology companies.
The Deposit Operations Analyst will report to a Deposit Operation Manager, and will serve as a full-time member of the retail deposits team. The Deposit Operations Analyst will assist in the operations oversight efforts to ensure that all areas of Deposit Operations have appropriate business controls in place to mitigate the various risks associated with retail and Internet bank deposit processing. The Deposit Operations Analyst will also play a critical role in the daily review and decision-making of exception items within the boundaries of delegated authority. The startup nature of retail deposits at WebBank mandates that this position have active project involvement as this position will be instrumental in ensuring controls and monitoring programs are integrated into the building and ongoing expansion of banking products and related services.
- Assist in pre-program implementation planning and project management, including, user acceptance testing for new and updated systems and service providers, developing timelines, task lists, and documentation related to operational readiness.
- Assist in scheduling and documenting project meetings.
- Assist in the preparation for deposit-related audits and examinations and provide support for these activities while in process as well as any post-audit or post-exam remediation responsibilties.
- Assist in user-acceptance testing for new and updated systems and service providers.
- Complete all mandatory compliance training within prescribed timeframes.
- Conduct operational training as needed for Operations personnel.
- Assist in developing detailed policies and procedures for all deposit operations processing, monitoring, and review activities.
- Assist deposit/card servicing vendors and business partners to ensure that policies and procedures are commensurate with the complexity of the activity and ensure that all FDIC and state law and regulatory requirements related to these products are incorporated into business processes.
- Provide advice on and evaluation of business controls and risk mitigation programs for new and changing business processes. Products in the program may include, but are not limited to, certificates of deposit, savings accounts, Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs), money market accounts, transaction accounts, and any associated debit cards.
- Render decisions as needed for daily exception processing and management overrides.
- Support customer request via phone, mail, and email.
- Work closely with the Deposit Compliance Manager to stay abreast of all federal and state regulatory changes related to consumer deposits and privacy and ensure those changes are incorporated into operational and system process flows.
- Work with the business to ensure that new product development, system initiatives and other projects adequately consider and address operation risk issues.
Required Skills and Experience
- In-depth understanding of FDIC-insured deposit products and experience with such products, with particular focus and experience with Internet-based deposit products and delivery.
- Bachelor's degree preferred and/or minimum of 3 years of operations management experience with Internet-based deposit gathering experience being highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years within a regulated financial institution.
- Experience working with regulators (FDIC, Utah Department of Financial Institutions) is desired.
- Strong background in federal and state banking laws, particularly with consumer protection regulations.
- Strong self-confidence, good judgment and the ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision and successfully meet established project dealine requirements.
- Strong problem solver.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Outstanding initiative, communication skills (verbal and written), attention to detail and organization skills required.