Deposit Fraud Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT
WebBank (the "Bank") is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah and is an FDIC insured, Utah state chartered bank. WebBank is a leading national provider of online consumer and small business loans made in partnership with finance companies, OEMs, retailers and financial technology companies.
The Deposit Fraud Analyst will report to a Deposit Operations Manager, and will serve as a full-time member of the Retail Deposits team. The Deposit Fraud Analyst will assist in the operations oversight efforts to ensure that all areas of Deposit Operations have appropriate business controls in place to mitigate the various risks associated with retail and internet bank deposit processing. The Deposit Fraud Analyst will also play a critical role in the daily review and decision-making of exception items within the boundaries of delegated authority. The startup nature of Retail Deposits at WebBank mandates that this position have active project involvement as this position will be instrumental in ensuring controls and monitoring programs are integrated into the building and ongoing expansion of banking products and related services.
- Assist in developing, enhancing, and maintaining fraud prevention rules, strategies, and models.
- Assist in developing and maintaining fraud mitigation policies, procedures, and tools.
- Provide subject matter expertise on data and fraud analysis techniques.
- Assist in pre-program implementation planning and project management, including, user acceptance testing for new and updated systems and service providers, developing timelines, task lists, and documentation related to operational readiness.
- Assist in the preparation for deposit-related audits and examinations and provide support for these activities while in process as well as any post-audit or post-exam remediation responsibilities.
- Assist in user-acceptance testing for new and updated systems and service providers.
- Complete all mandatory compliance training within prescribed timeframes.
- Conduct operational training as needed for Operations personnel.
- Assist in developing detailed policies and procedures for all deposit operations processing, monitoring, and review activities.
- Render decisions as needed for daily exception processing and management overrides.
- Support customer requests via phone, mail, and email.
- Work with the business to ensure that new product development, system initiatives and other projects adequately consider and address operational risk issues.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 3 years of fraud management experience with Internet-based deposit gathering experience being highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years within a regulated financial institution
- In-depth understanding of FDIC-insured deposit products and experience with such products, with particular focus and experience with Internet-based deposit products and delivery.
- Knowledge of BSA/AML laws and regulations.
- Experience working with regulators (FDIC, Utah Department of Financial Institutions) is desired.
- Strong background in federal and state banking laws, particularly with consumer protection regulations.
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision and successfully meet established project deadline requirements.
- Strong problem solver.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Outstanding initiative, communications skills (verbal and written), attention to detail and organizational skills required.