Consumer, SMB Credit Analyst
Consumer, Small / Medium Business Credit Analyst
Job Description Summary
WebBank has a long and successful history of working with various non-Bank entities to provide consumers and small/medium business enterprises with access to credit. The Bank's product lines include:
- Closed end installment loans
- Merchant cash advances
- Revolving charge (Consumer / SMB)
- Private Label / Co-brand
- General purpose credit
The Analyst / Manager will report to the Bank's VP, Consumer / SMB Credit and will be responsible for credit due diligence on existing and potential new partners with special emphasis on portfolio tracking, forecasting and valuations. The new hire will develop a thorough understanding of credit policies, scorecards and adjudication processes used for various portfolios. The Analyst will be responsible for creating monthly and ad-hoc reporting packages that will be shared with the Bank Loan Committee and Financial Review Committee. In additional to the creation of this MIS reporting, the Analyst will also be responsible for providing commentary on trends around key performance indicators and their impact on the Bank's economics. The Analyst will be responsible for creating, maintaining and updating the Bank's internal financial and credit risk forecasts and present key changes to the appropriate committees for approval. He will use SAS and other appropriate analysis and database management tools to create an automated set of programs and reports. He will work with the Finance and Accounting teams to ensure accuracy in reporting for any loans held on the Bank balance sheet. The Analyst will also liaise with appropriate functions to ensure that the Bank's loan loss reserve and budgeting process are tied to the approved financial and credit risk forecasts. Undeer the guidance of the VP CSMB, the Analyst will also be called upon to run valuation models pertinent to the analysis under consideration - e.g. ABS transactions, loan retention etc.
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of experience in consumer and / or small business lending.
- Excellent ability to analyze data and interpret credit performance metrics.
- Strong understanding of portfolio dynamics including roll rate analysis and loss rate forecasting.
- Experience working with discounted cash flow models and creating portfolio / vintage level P&L forecasts.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of database management including analytical software tools such as SAS.
- Strong working knowledge of statistical credit modeling methodologies - e.g. logistic regression, markov model, monte-carlo simulation, and machine learning techniques like random forests and GBM.
- Strong working knowledge of compliance requirements that relate to credit activity.
- Must have prior relevant experience in a regulated banking environment.
- Strong self-confidence, good judgment and the ability to make sound decisions.
- Must interface effectively with other departments.
- Ability to handle a fast paced environment and successfully meet established project deadline requirements.
- Stong problem solver.
- Outstanding initiative, communication skills (verbal and written), attention to detail and organizational skills required.