Compliance Testing Analyst
Compliance Testing Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT
WebBank (the "Bank") is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah and is an FDIC insured, Utah state chartered bank. WebBank is a leading national provider of online consumer and small business loans made in partnership with finance companies, OEMs, retailers and financial technology companies.
This position will report to the Compliance Testing Manager and will be responsible for assisting with WebBank's compliance oversight of commercial and consumer lending programs. This position requires performing day-to-day compliance testing activities related to WebBank and Strategic Partner Programs and other projects as assigned.
- Perform assigned monitoring and testing of WebBank and Strategic Partner Program business practices, policies, procedures, loan pricing, origination software systems, marketing materials, customer correspondence, program documents, disclosures, etc. for compliance with federal and state laws and regulations and WebBank requirements
- Review and ensure evidence documentation of assigned Regulation testing and monitoring
- Assist Compliance Managers with the preparation of reports for monitoring and testing results and validation of corrective action plans
- Provide support to Compliance team for other compliance-related information and activities related to internal projects and initiatives of Strategic Partner Programs
- Stay abreast of federal and state regulatory changes related to consumer and commercial lending
- Collaborate with Compliance Managers and support teams on key developments related to regulatory compliance and assess the impact of those developments to WebBank and Strategic Partner Programs
- Participate in the planning and execution of on-site reviews of Strategic Partner Programs
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%
- Assist in the refinement of compliance monitoring and testing programs
- Review procedures and process maps and validate that Strategic Partners are in compliance with Federal and State regulations
- Perform transaction testing, system-assisted testing, live testing and policy and procedure testing using Microsoft Excel tools like basic formulas, pivot table, what if statements, V-look ups, etc.
- Update the bank's internal system of record after assigned monitoring and testing are completed
- Provide best practices to Compliance Managers based on trend analysis and observations from other Strategic Partner Monitoring and Testing results
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 3 years of regulatory compliance experience, audit, or control testing in financial services
- Professional certification is desirable (CIA, CISA, AAP, etc.). CRCM designation is preferred
- Experience in a bank or other financial services environment is required
- Working knowledge of federal and state lending laws and regulations such as Regulation Z, Regulation B, UDAAP, CAN-SPAM, FDCPA, etc.
- Excellent ability to understand and apply state and federal legal and regulatory requirements
- Strong self-confidence, good judgment and the ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and other internal departments
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision and successfully meet established project deadline requirements
- Advanced in Work, Excel, PowerPoint is required
- Stron written and oral communication skills is required
- Strong presentation skills desirable