Salt Lake City, UT
WebBank (the "Bank") is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah and is an FDIC insured, Utah state chartered bank. WebBank is a leading national provider of online consumer and small business loans made in partnership with finance companies, OEMs, retailers and financial technology companies.
The Compliance Analyst will report to the Vice President of Compliance. This position's primary focus will be to assist the VP of Compliance in the overall management and daily tracking of customer complaints. Complaints are received through a variety of channels including FDIC (the Bank's prudential regulator), Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Utah Department of Financial Institutions (UDFI), other state bank regulators, state AG Offices as well as complaints received directly by the Bank from customers. Wen examination and audits occur, this position may assist with the collection and coordination of information requests.
The primary function of this position entails editing and/or authoring of complaint responses in collaboration with Compliance and Program Managers as well as the Bank's Strategic Partners ("SP"). The objective is to address customer concerns or complaints in a concise, professional and timely manner.
- Monitor and stay abreast of compliance related industry developments, as well as proposed and new regulations relating to consumer protection.
- Ensure appropriate and timely complaint responses to Bank regulatory agencies and others.
- Coordinate with Strategic Partners on complaint responses.
- Perform document review related to customer complaints.
- Based on complaint findings, provide recommendations to Strategic Partners regarding program improvements and/or enhancements.
- Handle follow-up issues in a concise and timely manner.
- Review, organize and maintain documentation and files related to customer complaints. Direct the completion of Annual Borrower in Custody Audit which is required to pledge Federal Reserve Assets.
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Compliance when needed to identify any potential concerns or possible violations of consumer protection laws.
- Assist when necessary, with the filing of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) relating to the Bank's AML/BSA programs and/or with the completion of all relevant BSA Risk Assessment Activity including but not limited to:
- Annual BSA Risk Assessment
- Relevant sections of SP Risk Assessments
- Relevant sections of Annual Bank Wide Risk Assessment
- Attend compliance related industry conferences and meetings as directed by the Vice President of Compliance.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 3 years of consumer finance regulatory compliance experience. CRCM certification is a plus.
- Recent law school graduates with limited professional work experience will also be considered.
- Direct experience dealing with regulators (FDIC, Utah Department of Financial Institutions) is highly desired.
- Knowledge of consumer protection laws and regulations is essential as is well-honed project management skills.
- Strong self-confidence, good judgment and the ability to make sound decisions.
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments and operate in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision.
- Outstanding initiative, attention to detail and organization skills required.
- Ability to recognize and focus on critical issues. Flexibility to balance and respond to competing needs within the organization.
- Solid working knowledge of various computer systems, software and changing technology. Experience with Bank workflow platforms a plus.
- Strong background in federal and state lending laws.
- Excellent abilitity to analyze and interpret legal and statutory materials as well as state and federal regulations.
- Outstanding initiative, communication skills (verbal and written), attention to detail and organizational skills required.
- Excellent writing skills are required.