Compliance Analyst AML/BSA
Salt Lake City, UT
WebBank (the "Bank") is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah and is an FDIC insured, Utah state chartered bank. WebBank is a leading national provider of online consumer and small business loans made in partnership with finance companies, OEMs, retailers and financial technology companies.
The Compliance Analyst will report to the Vice President of BSA/AML. This position's primary focus will be to assist the VP of Compliance in the overall management, investigation and filing of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs). In addition, when requested by examiners, auditors, or law enforcement, this position may assist with the collection and coordination of information requests.
The primary function of this position entails investigating, reviewing, editing and/or authoring SARs in collaboration with Compliance and Program Managers as well as the Bank's Strategic Partners ("SP"). The objective is to ensure accurate and timely SAR reporting in a concise, professional and timely manner.
- Responsible for filing of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) relating to the Bank's AML/BSA programs and/or with the completion of relevant BSA Risk Assessment Activity including but not limited to:
- Annual BSA Risk Assessment
- Relevant sections of SP Risk Assessments
- Relevant sections of Annual Bank Wide Risk Assessment
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of SAR's for Strategic Partners
- Maintain and track SARs for Strategic Partners
- Based on SAR review, provide recommendations to Strategic Partners regarding program improvements and/or enhancements.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly reports such as board packet materials
- Assist the coordinator of regulatory exam and audit activities by providing requested documentation, information or reports as directed
- Complete additional projects and duties as directed
- Monitor and stay abreast of compliance related industry developments, as well as proposed and new regulations relating to BSA/AML and consumer protection.
- As needed, identify potential concerns or possible violations of BSA.AML or consumer protection laws and escalate to the Vice President of BSA/AML.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 2 years of AML/BSA in a financial institution/banking within compliance or operations.
- Legal or Graduate Degree in MBA, finance, communications is a plus.
- CAMS or similar certification is a plus
- Knowledge of BSA/AML laws and regulations is essential as is well-honed project management skills
- Project management experience
- Advanced Excel/spreadsheet skills and data analysis
- Strong self-confidence, good judgment and the ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments and operate in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision.
- Outstanding initiative, attention to detail and organization skills required.
- Ability to recognize and focus on critical issues. Flexibility to balance and respond to competing needs within the organization.
- Solid working knowledge of various computer systems, software and changing technology. Experience with Bank workflow platforms a plus.
- Outstanding initiative, communication skills (verbal and written), attention to detail and organizational skills required.
- Excellent writing skills are required.